Monday, April 21, 2008

I am currently reading Surrender:The Heart God Controls by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Surrender is book two in the "Revive Our Hearts" series (Brokenness was book one). The following is a prayer from Betty Scott Stam, a missionary who was killed, with her husband, for her faith at age twenty-eight. This prayer is a great example of surrendering one's all to Christ.


Lord, I give up my own plans and purposes, all
my own desires, hopes and ambitions, and I
accept Thy will for my life, I give up myself, my
life, my all, utterly to Thee, to be Thine forever.
I hand over to Thy keeping all my friendships;
all the people whom I love are to take second
place in my heart. Fill me now and seal me with
Thy Spirit. Work out Thy whole will in my life
at any cost, for me to live is Christ. Amen.

No comments: