Thursday, August 21, 2008

Great is His Faithfulness

This year I am reading straight through the Bible. I just started reading the book of Joel. It is amazing to see the character of God throughout the Old Testament. Here are some selections from what I read this morning:

"Rend your heart, and not your garments;
Return to the Lord your God,
For He is gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger, and of great kindness;
And He relents from doing harm...
Fear not, O land; Be glad and rejoice,
For the LORD has done marvelous things!
...You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, And
praise the name of the LORD your God,
Who has dealt wondrously with you;
And my people shall never be put to shame.
Then you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel:
I am the LORD your God
And there is no other.
My people shall never be put to shame....
And it shall come to pass that whoever
calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."
--Joel 2:13, 21, 26-27,32a
Even though Israel constantly turned their back on God and sought satisfaction in other places, God was faithful and sustained them, "dealing wondrously" with His people!

No comments: