Sunday, August 16, 2009

What I Did

In the first half of summer, I had staff training week and three sessions of camp. At the end of the third session, we had a week off. At the end of that week, all of the staff went back to camp. I went to Honduras. My trip was from July 3-13. My dear friend, Kara, got married on July 11th; it was such a blessing to get to be in Honduras and apart of her beautiful wedding!
As soon as I got back from Honduras, I washed my clothes, then repacked and went to camp the next day. Even though I had a wonderful trip to Honduras, it was really hard to miss one and a half sessions of camp. Going back was great. I was rested and refreshed, and super excited to be back. The sad part was, there was only one and a half sessions of camp left! At the end of camp, we had a staff banquet and bonfire to reflect on the summer and say goodbye. A couple of days after that, Friends of Refugees came to do a camp and use our facilities. Some of the staff stayed for an extra week to help run some activities for them. I had to go home to coach basketball camp for three days, but I did go back for the final days. The day I went back to camp, the staff went out to play broom ball one night. I gracefully managed to get a concussion. That wasn’t much fun, but the worst part was having to sleep and rest while everyone else was out doing camp! I stayed a couple of days, then said my good-byes and came home. Back at home, I once again, unpacked, washed clothes, and then repacked. We left two days after I got home for family vacation in Florida.
Obviously, it was a very busy summer! I’m finally home, unpacked, and getting ready for school to start in a few days!

No comments: